Skip to content
The world of sport is ever changing. Every sport organization is under constant scrutiny to make this sport world safe for participants and leaders. Because of this, the Archery Alberta Board of Directors has made the decision to require the following:
- All Coaches in the province will complete the CAC (Canadian Association of Coaches) “Safe Sport” training. The module is free and only takes 90 minutes to complete. It provides participants with the tools and resources to recognize, address, and prevent maltreatment in sport. It aligns with UCCMS (Universal Code of Conduct to Prevent and Address Maltreatment in Sport) and Sport Canada’s requirements for safe sport education. Proof of completion is to be sent to the Archery Alberta Coaching Coordinator.
- All coaches, instructors, support staff, and volunteers that work with Junior Programs at the club level are required to provide proof of completion of the “Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders” to the Board of Directors of the club prior to beginning to work with juniors.
- The course is 2.5 hours in length but does not have to completed in one sitting.
- The cost is $30/person but will be reimbursed by Archery Alberta upon successful completion.
- Coaches with an NCCP number will receive 3 PD points upon completion.
- Access the course here: Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders
- At least one parent/guardian of any athlete participating in a Junior Program with an Archery Alberta registered club is required to complete the “Respect in Sport for Parents” course. The parent/guardian will provide proof of successful completion to the organizer of the Junior Program at the club prior to the athlete beginning the session.
- The course is 1 hour online and does not have to be competed in one sitting.
- The cost is $12/household.
- Access the course here: Respect in Sport for Parents
- All coaches, volunteers, and support staff involved in Junior Programs, club events, and Archery Alberta sanctioned events where minors are participating must take the free “Rule of Two” training. Proof of successful completion must be produced if requested.
The Archery Alberta Board of Directors sincerely thanks you for your cooperation in making the archery world a safe place for all participants.